top of page

Snoring and Sleep Apnoea

I’m Snoring. Do I have Sleep Apnoea?

If you are snoring or having sleep problems or think that you may have a sleep disorder, the first thing you should do is talk to your doctor.  Your GP can assess your condition and refer you for a sleep study if necessary to get an accurate report of your sleep. Take one of our referrals to ensure you are referred back to us - find them on the page titled Referrals.

If you would like to talk to someone before seeing your GP - give us a call on 0436 141400 to find out more about snoring, sleep studies and treatments. Or send us an email -


Sleep specialists are the best qualified medical professionals to investigate and supervise the treatment of sleep problems.  More importantly, the best health outcomes are usually achieved with local sleep specialists who can consult directly with you and your GP. Ethical Sleep Studies referrals are all screened for best sleep study type and location for each patient, by the sleep specialist you have chosen.


For medically approved information about snoring and its relationship to Obstructive Sleep Apnoea,  please follow this link to information at the Australasian Sleep Association.

Below is a questionnaire that is a guide to predicting the likelihood of OSA in adults. It is the OSA50 screening guide.

A score of 5 points or more indicates the patient is very likely (90%) to have OSA.


bottom of page